Natural treatment for prostate infection is possible and it shows relief within days!
Prostate infection is known as Prostatitis and is swelling and irritation of the prostate gland. The condition is called bacterial prostatitis when it is caused by an infection with bacteria. This article will discuss the natural treatment for prostate infection using homeopathy.
Acute bacterial prostatitis starts quickly. Chronic bacterial prostatitis lasts for 3 months or more. Ongoing irritation of the prostate that is not caused by bacteria is called chronic nonbacterial prostatitis.
Prostatitis is most often caused by a bacterial infection of the prostate gland. Any bacteria that can cause a urinary tract infection can cause acute bacterial prostatitis.
Some sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can cause bacterial prostatitis. These include chlamydia and gonorrhea. STDs are more likely to occur from:
Certain sexual practices, such as having anal sex without wearing a condom, Having many sexual partners, In men over age 35, E. coli and other common bacteria usually cause prostatitis.
This type of prostatitis may occur after:
- Urinary tract infections
Acute prostatitis may also be caused by problems with the urethra or prostate, such as:
- Bladder outlet obstruction
- Foreskin of the penis that cannot be pulled back (phimosis)
- Injury to the area between the scrotum and anus (perineum)
- Urinary catheter, cystoscopy, or prostate biopsy (removing a piece of tissue to look for cancer)
Men age 50 or older who have an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia) have a higher risk for prostatitis. The prostate gland may become blocked. This makes it easier for bacteria to grow. Remember, natural treatment of prostate infection is easy. Symptoms of chronic prostatitis can be similar to symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland.
Symptoms of acute prostatitis can start quickly, and can include:
- Flushing of the skin
Symptoms of chronic prostatitis are similar, but not as severe. They often begin more slowly. Some people have no symptoms between episodes of prostatitis.
- Urinary symptoms include:
- Blood in the urine
- Burning or pain with urination (dysuria)
- Difficulty starting to urinate or emptying the bladder
- Foul-smelling urine
- Weak urine stream
Other symptoms that may occur with this condition:
- Pain or achiness in the abdomen above the pubic bone, in the lower back, in the area between the genitals and anus, or in the testicles
- Pain with ejaculation or blood in the semen
- Pain with bowel movements
If prostatitis occurs with an infection in or around the testicles (epididymitis or orchitis), you may also have symptoms of that condition.
Exams and Tests
During a physical exam, your health care provider may find:
- Enlarged or tender lymph nodes in your groin
- Fluid released from your urethra
- Swollen or tender scrotum
The health care provider will perform a digital rectal exam to examine your prostate. During this exam, the provider inserts a lubricated, gloved finger into your rectum.
The exam may reveal that the prostate is:
- Large and soft (with a chronic prostate infection)
- Warm, soft, swollen, or tender (with an acute prostate infection)
Your doctor may do a prostatic massage to see whether you have an infection. To do this exam:
- The health care provider will rub a gloved finger over the prostate gland a few times to release fluid from the urethra
- The fluid will be examined for signs of an infection
- Urine samples may be collected for urinalysis and urine culture.
Prostatitis may affect the results of the prostate-specific antigen (PSA), a blood test used to screen for prostate cancer.
There are many remedies in homeopathy which can be used as a natural treatment for prostate infection. The results start showing within 24-48 hrs. The most common symptoms that are looked at for deciding the correct homeopathic remedy are:
- Any discharge, if so, its color, smell, thickness etc
- Any pain, if yes, what makes it better or worse
- Any fever, if yes, its details
- Other symptoms that may be present during this condition